10 easy tips for repotting Orchids you should know!
Today we ar4e taking a closer look at repotting orchids and mention 10 very important tips everyone should know!
🦋 More info below! 🦋
Repotting orchids is a very well documented subject here on my channel, just take a look at these videos!
How to repot a Phalaenopsis orchid https://youtu.be/cWFyQzJbGDg
How to repot a big Cattleya orchid https://youtu.be/N64QXJH5iDU
How to repot Oncidium orchids https://youtu.be/xvAg9yY2iew
1. Choose the correct pot size!
2. Water the orchid a day or two before repotting!
3. Rinse the root system! Do you really know if there is something beneficial you are losing, or you just heard about it from people who don’t even give you any study on it, or their recorded experience? Look here what you can find on roots and old media! https://youtu.be/3_Ej9sk0erM
4. Find the most damaged and gone roots on the oldest growths!
5. You can divide the orchid to better fit your pot! This is not due to aesthetics, but roots growing outside the pot will probably not benefit from as much moisture and will not grow as well. Check this video out https://youtu.be/0-2AQ2774QQ
6. Place medium inside the root ball id the root system is too unruly!
7. Place the newest growth towards the middle of the pot! Look what can happen if you don;t https://youtu.be/fzDAwLGBdQ4
8. Don’t let big air pockets form in the pot, they will not retain water!
9. Stabilize the orchid using a temporary stake, or rhizome clip!
10. Always water the orchid after repotting! Desiccated roots will not be revived, don’t reach that point.
Eveningland – Nimbus
🌸 Like my channel and want to help it grow? Consider getting some official merch! http://bit.ly/2F1K3nJ
🌸 Want to send me something? Here’s my address!
P.O. BOX 29002, CY-1620, Nicosia, Cyprus
🌸 My environment:
Subtropical climate, hot summers and mild winters
60-90% humidity, always breezy
Growth space is kept at min 17C and max 29C
🌸 What I use in my Grow Room:
LECA – Pokon or IKEA
Various organic mixes from rePotme http://bit.ly/2Dmu9mW
Sphagnum Moss – Spagmoss from Besgrow http://bit.ly/2LSZjEx or http://bit.ly/2WOF1D7
Fertilizer and supplements:
MSU Orchid fertilizer for osmosis / rain water http://bit.ly/2LS2bSg
Orchid Focus Bloom (when I need something low in N)
Pots, containers, baskets:
DIY self watering pots and masks from local flower shops
Lechuza self watering pots https://amzn.to/2wIUWq2
Wooden Vanda baskets http://bit.ly/2NfIlWI
Slotted pots from rePotme http://bit.ly/2Ds488b
LED shop panels from Leroy Merlin, 4000k
Tertial lamps from IKEA + 4000k LED bulbs (various brands)
Orvibo WiFi Smart Plugs https://amzn.to/2MLSR7T
Shirley’s Simple Shelving http://bit.ly/2qAcS1r
Lerberg and Mulig from IKEA
🌸 See my video playlists!